Friday, May 28, 2010

Camping....



Let me start off by saying that I am NOT a super adventurous type of person. That being said, you should all be very proud of me for going on a camping adventure with my family....even if it will be the last time I go camping for a very very long time.

Zach had been talking about taking the kids camping for quite some time, so when school was finally out for Logan he couldnt wait. I didnt really want to go...( as much as I hate to admit it, I am a bit of a girly girl...) but I decided that it would be fun to go as a family. We went to a campsite that Zach went to as a child. It was really pretty, with a little river running by it. When we got out of the car, Jocy immediately started crying/whining. That continued until we were able to get the campsite set up and headed out to go fishing. We only had 2 poles, so the girls and I got pretty bored. Well, I guess I got pretty bored unhooking Logans fishing hook from the bush, the branch in the water, my shirt, etc. all while making sure the girls didnt fall into the water. I decided to snatch up the fishing pole, but while walking to the water I tripped, fell backwards, and landed smack on a rock. I bruised my back up....but that just adds to the fun right??

We hiked around, roasted hotdogs, ate smores, and dug around in the dirt. When it was time to go to bed, Railynn started freaking out because of the bats she was sure were going to fly into the tent through a little hole, and becuase of the "snowbears". Jocy wont go to bed unless she is in her crib. Logan didnt want to go to bed...after all, we were on a camping adventure and he thought it was only right that he get to stay up. The kids finally all fell asleep around 10ish. They all had their own sleeping bags, but within 2 hours, they were sleeping with us. Which would be fine, but It was FREEZING cold and I was kicked out of my spot and ended up sleeping on the tarp with hardly any sleeping bag. To make matters worse, I had a big bruise on my back from the fall on the rock, so it was not a comfortable sleep. We finally all woke up about 5:30, packed up and headed away from the cold and into the heat. I think next time I will just let Logan and Zach go camping. I will stay home with the girls. I know...I am a big baby.






























2 comments:

Lissa said...

You big boob, you! lol I'm actually pretty darn impressed you stayed the whole night! I was almost thinking you could possibly call it quits before daybreak. =) We'll go with you next time before school starts up again and Paisley is steady on her feet. And yes, you WILL go!

The Burtons said...

Oh my word Tai! That sounds like a bummer of a camping trip. So sorry you hurt your back! You are a trooper though. I have not been camping with my family since I got married! Isn't that so bad!!! But like you said, when babies still need their cribs still I don't even want to think about it. You are awesome for going!!!!