Monday, August 6, 2012

My big 4 year old!

Happy Birthday to My Jocylain!  It seems like she has been 3 FOREVER. But she is officially 4 years old!  She is such a fun little girl and we are lucky, in more ways than one, to have her as a part of our family.  :)

These are not her boots...lol but you might as well think they are because she puts them on every chance she gets.  I have stopped telling her to take them off, because they always manage to find their way back on her little feet.  I remember wearing my moms shoes when I was little...I guess she just wanted to be like me!  Seriously though...You all know how I only buy things when they are super cheap?  I got these boots at Payless for...wait for it $6! I am really happy to have warmer shoes to wear this winter instead of my normal open toed sandal shoes. :)  Isnt it a cute picture though?
 We went to Dions pizza for dinner. Jocy's choice.  I may or may not have put the idea in her head that this would be a great place for her birthday dinner!
 Amaia and her soda.  She is at the really fun stage where she throws everything on the floor.  The soda made in onto the floor at one point, and yes it spilled, along with the cheese from her pizza and 2 different crusts.  Fun I know.  At least she is cute...makes everything worth it!
 Love this picture.
 Jocy and her cherry cake.  She picked out straberry cake with cherry frosting which sounded really yucky to me...but thankfkully Lissa sent me a cherry cake mix for my birthday, and since she sent it last week, it arrived just in time for Jocys birthday!  It was delicious. :)
 We have a tradition that dad gets to take out the birthday kids for a birthday breakfast.  I tried a long time ago to change the tradition and make it a family thing, but something about how this is what Zachs dad did for them when they were little...blah blah..  haha just kidding.  I actually Love that he does this with the kids. It makes me happy.  We do a lot of things the way I want them done, so I guess I can give him his tradition with the kids.  Since Zach is working a night shift schedule right now, he woke up a little late, so they went for a birthday lunch instead.  They went to chic fil a , and they sang to her and gave her a free icecream.  Gotta love that place.

All in all I think she had a great day.  The only thing that could have made it better was to have family here to celebrate!  

1 comments:

Lissa said...

But where are her presents??? lol Strawberry cake with cherry frosting would have been delicious and you know it! =) Happy Birthday, Jocy!