Friday, March 27, 2009

My first plant!!

woohoo!!! after almost 2 weeks of watering my garden, I finally have a sprout!  I was starting to worry that I did something wrong and I was never going to have any veggies come up.  Hooray for me!  My kids and I planted peas, watermelon, carrots, and squash.  I don't know which one this is...but I am really excited about it!  I have never had a garden before, but thanks to our good friend Nathan, we do now!  I just went out to stare at my new plant and I noticed that I have several more that sprouted. WOOHOO!!

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Hooray!!! I have sprouts coming up in my garden, too. And some strawberries making an early appearance. Yay! =)

The Burtons said...

Tai, we are twins. I am also started to plant things for the FIRST TIME! We don't have much space but we have strawberries, pumpkins, flowers, and we even tried to grow some apple seeds from the insides of an apple. It sprouted up and then died. So, I must have done something wrong. Aren't we super cool gardeners!!!!

McDougal Family said...

So fun that they are sprouting! I wish we had a garden. Maybe next year....