Friday, January 30, 2009

Trip to the snow!!

We took a trip up to Flagstaff last week to let the kids play in the snow.  They have never seen the snow so we were all very excited.  You would think Zach and I had never played in the snow because it turned out we were not very prepared!  First of all it was a VERY last minute decision to go.  For some reason it took us about twice as long as it should have to drive up to Flagstaff.  Not to mention all the stops and screaming children and feeding Jocy and lunch.  ( I guess that might be a clue to why it took us so long to get there).  We finally got there and the kids got to play!!  We all had so much fun!  I had my kids double up on clothes so that they would be warm enough since they don't have snow suits, but apparently snow is wet.   Yes I know, how did I not realize that the kids would be soaked through by the time we were done, who knows?  I didn't bring any extra clothes for my kids, so we had to make a quick stop at Target for some replacements.  Hooray for 75% off sales!  We got to see my younger brother Toby when we were finished with our snow adventure since he lives in Flagstaff.  We went to dinner at Chili's (complete with children with no shoes, and mismatched clothes) and had a great visit..( Sorry Toby for all the embarrasment from Zach!)  I would have more pictures to post, but one last thing had to go wrong...my battery died on my camera!  Luckily the fun that we had spending with our little family and the memories that we now have made up for all of the mishaps!  We had so much fun and never again will I go to the snow without some snow suits!






4 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

What is it about snow that kids love but I hate so much?! hee hee Looks like you had a blast. Good time:)

Lissa said...

I wish we could have come with! Darn work! Grrrrr! Thanks for coming on Thursday. It was fun! Love you! =)

Unknown said...

Hey Tai -
Love the pics... we just went sledding last night. It was a blast!
You should have called me! I could have told you what to take to the snow... HELLO!!! WE are old pros!!!
I forgot my camera though for our sledding adventure. That sucks. I always forget the camera.

McDougal Family said...

How fun! And your kids I'm sure had so much fun that who cares if they were soaked!!!