Sunday, April 11, 2010

My kids vs. the MUD



We were home all day yesterday, bored of course, so when my kids went out to play in the mud...I let them. Granted, I didn't know that is what they were doing at the time. Once I realized what they were doing, the damage was already done. But...there was no anger on my part, even though they know they are NOT supposed to play in the mud. Some days you have to pick your battles. My kids had a lot of fun. I guess sometimes I need to remember to let my kids be kids!

The end result of Rai and Logan...regardless of what you might think, Logan did not roll around in the mud.


Jocy was trying to "muddy up" Logans bad guy. She wanted to be like her big brother.


















4 comments:

Mindy said...

What a fun day for them! Did you hose them off on the back porch before they came in? (Isn't that what your Mom used to do?) So cute!

Lissa said...

...I think the mud won. Hahaha!

Tai said...

I did hose them off on the back porch! They had to eat their dinner outside too!

The Burtons said...

You are such a good mom! Ya, I hear ya. Sometimes your motto has to be "if it doesn't kill them and the house is quiet, let them do it."